These are things that you need to do before you put your home on the market to sell it.
Here is a list of some of the things that need to be done before you put the house up for sale.
The inside of the house list:
* If the paint color in your home is bright (like red) it is a good idea to paint it in more neutral colors before you try to sell.
* If you have things that need to be fixed, make sure that it is fixed if you want to get top dollar from your home. The buyer will come in and see things that need to be repaired and will offer you a lot less than your asking price if you do not get the things repaired.
* Paint if you have colors like red, not every one like red and it is harder to cover ( use primer on the wall first and them the color that you want to change it to.)
Use a more neutral color when repainting, you want the most amount of people to like your home as possible when you are selling it.
* Do your spring cleaning now and pack up things that you are not using right now. Like your seasonal clothes to make your closets look as big as possible.( This step helps you when you do move because some of your things are already packed up and ready to move.
You can use the storage containers, they bring them to you, you pack it. They will store it and deliver it to your new place and you unpack it.
residential storage containers
* Remove your personal photos from the walls and put up some other art in its place. You want people to be able to see themselves in your home, they have a harder time doing that if your personal things are every were.
* If you can remove some of the furniture so that gives the look of bigger rooms ( not empty rooms, but less furniture.)
* If you have collectable items that are great in value you may want to pack them away as well. Less chance of being stolen or broken when the house is being shone for selling it.
For outside the house you want it to look its best as well. Curb appeal is very important, if people drive up look at the outside- do not like what they see and drive away that does not help you sell the house.
Here are some things that you can do to make it look its best.
* Have the grass green and mowed.
* Have the flower beds free of weeds with mulch down to keep the weeds out.
* Flowers to give some color in the front of your home.
* Make sure that the front door is in good repair.
* Make sure that the door bell work and the door does not squeak. People will see that as the house has not been well cared for and they will be looking for other problem that they will have to do to fix the place. They have time to look around the front porch as the real estate agent is unlocking the door. This area is very important for a first impression on the buyer.
* Trim back trees and bushes so that people can see the house.
This video goes into more of the things that we have been talking about here. Check it out
If you do this or hire someone to come in and do it for you- you need to deep clean your home so that it looks the best that it can to sell it.
Stage your home to get the most out of it. You can hire someone to do this or have them come in and tell you what you need to do to stage your home. Check out this video for more tips on staging your home.
Dan and Deanna “Marketing Unscrambled”